respite

angela.robinson

Dec 27, 2004
hi ,thanks chesca .
the thing is jim is already on ahigh dose of quietiapine,ioo mg 2 daily .not the highest dose but high .he was as quite as a lamb prior to going in. that i put down to his new additional tablet,that he as just gone on EBIXA .theyare having a doctor to him tonight they think,he may be starting with an infection ,he was fine when he went in there on monday,i am sure he is just working up a lather because i am not there .iwill leave it till at least sat ,and take it from there .I know whatever i decide ,iwill have to go through it all again soon ,wich starts the family debate should it be sooner ,or further apart ,longer or shorter ,ijust wish he would allow someone other than me to sit wirh him for the odd hour and then i would not have to resort to these drastic mesures it seems to be taking all the good out of the few days i have had.

ANGELA

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Oh Angela, poor you and poor Jim, this is so awful for you both. But Chesca is right, she echos almost exactly how things were between my own Mum and me at one stage. What she says about the medical team looking at the medication is so right too. You need these breaks, once the medications are sorted things will quieten down. You also mention they think he may be going down with something. In my experience this always triggered aggressive behaviour in Mum, so it could be partly that too. Do try to see the week out, you do need this time, you said yourself how good it was to just do a few things for you. This is not being selfish, Jim would want you to do this if he were his old self. It is the dementia that is being aggressive, not him. Sending you another hug and hoping tomorrow is better for both of you. Love She. XX

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Angela,

Sheila is right about physical illness being preceded by aggression. This is always a sure sign that my father is under the weather.

I do hope that things have been better for you all today.

Best wishes,

Jude