Respite to permanent care

jackdog35

Aug 21, 2022
Nottingham
I’ve now found out that as my mum hasn’t got one year of her own funds, she’ll have to be a self funding respite resident for about two months and then we get a SS financial and needs assessment so she can be funded by LA. Both care homes require at least one year of evidence of self funding if you want to be permanent. I seem to have spent all day either filling out forms or on the phone, they don’t make it easy.

SAP

Feb 18, 2017
It is so unfair that you are having to jump through so many hoops and that carers in general are not given enough guidance and support through this. Just wanted to say that I hope this is resolving soon for you and your mum.

jackdog35

Aug 21, 2022
Nottingham
It is so unfair that you are having to jump through so many hoops and that carers in general are not given enough guidance and support through this. Just wanted to say that I hope this is resolving soon for you and your mum.
Thanks I really hope so, just want her it of hospital and settled

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
That just sounds like a bit of petty bureaucracy @jackdog35 Whether it is called respite or residence (there's no real practical difference) it seems that your mum will be accepted as a self-funder for a short period after which Local Authority funding will commence. Despite the frustration and form filling, it seems like a positive step towards getting her the care that she needs.

jackdog35

Aug 21, 2022
Nottingham
That just sounds like a bit of petty bureaucracy @jackdog35 Whether it is called respite or residence (there's no real practical difference) it seems that your mum will be accepted as a self-funder for a short period after which Local Authority funding will commence. Despite the frustration and form filling, it seems like a positive step towards getting her the care that she needs.
Yes let’s hope so thanks

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deirdra