Respite care costs.

clio_7

Dec 28, 2012
north lanarkshire
So .. today I was told by SW dept the letter I received saying my dads resoite back in june wasnt paid and sent me asn urgent reminder! It was a council CH. I was not made aware there was any charge for the respite. We stay in Lanarkshire scot land. I have also been invoiced for dads 4 wek review time at the CH hes in at the moment. I neatly died when I seen the costs. It was all 86 pounds per week . Am I obliged to pay dads care even

though he didnt even need to pay for home care services?

I am trying to get dad moved to another CH.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Talking Point mobile app

Not so Rosy

Nov 30, 2013
Could the charge be for extras ?

Dads respite care was free but I got an invoice for Hairdresser, Podiatrist etc

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Has your dad had a financial assessment , if so the charge will be what he can afford, you do not have to pay this, your dad has,
We have a lot less less than £14000 savings but still have to pay towards my husbands respite,

withy

Feb 23, 2013
Lancashire
So .. today I was told by SW dept the letter I received saying my dads resoite back in june wasnt paid and sent me asn urgent reminder! It was a council CH. I was not made aware there was any charge for the respite. We stay in Lanarkshire scot land. I have also been invoiced for dads 4 wek review time at the CH hes in at the moment. I neatly died when I seen the costs. It was all 86 pounds per week . Am I obliged to pay dads care even

Hi. Is it the top up fee? I have vouchers to use for respite care but also have to pay £12.32 per night to the care home. This comes to £86.24 per week. We live in Lancashire.

clio_7

Dec 28, 2012
north lanarkshire
So I checked it out . My dad has no savings, had a council house . But the 86 quid is the amount we still have to pay .. got one from the CH ges been in for 4 week review its alot of money! Yea thanks the state oension I think is 121 a week so will be paid with this.. I seen a lovely home tonite and want this as my 1st choice for dad but no spaces available :( and I hate where he is just now .. what can I do? The review time is up

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Talking Point mobile app