Recently diagnosed

Robynrose

Aug 23, 2022
Eighteen months ago I moved back to Auckland NZ and into a retirement village. Around 2 months in I suffered a couple of black outs and my new GP ordered a brain scan. It showed I have frontotemporal dementia. I have to say for some time prior I felt something wasn't quite right however as I was caring for my extremely sick husband I ignored this. I can only stay at the village while I'm Independent. I feel blessed having found this message board as I don't feel so alone.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello @Robynrose and welcome to Talking Point

Im sorry you are feeling so alone, but this is a very supportive group of peopke
Its still very early here in UK (I am one of the early birds), but Im sure others will be along to welcome you a bit later,

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome from me too @Robynrose.

I’m so sorry to read about your diagnosis but so glad you’ve found this forum. As others have said you will find that there’s always someone here to listen and to support.

Take care and keep posting.

Robynrose

Aug 23, 2022
Hello @Robynrose and welcome to Talking Point

Im sorry you are feeling so alone, but this is a very supportive group of peopke
Its still very early here in UK (I am one of the early birds), but Im sure others will be along to welcome you a bit later,
Thank you canary

Robynrose

Aug 23, 2022
I'm
Welcome to the forum @Robynrose - I am glad that you have found us, we will always be here for support and I am glad that you already feel less alone x
Thank you LynneMcV
Welcome from me too @Robynrose.

I’m so sorry to read about your diagnosis but so glad you’ve found this forum. As others have said you will find that there’s always someone here to listen and to support.

Take care and keep posting.
Thank you izzy

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I can only stay at the village while I'm Independent.

Hello @Robynrose

Are you able to arrange provision for the future while you are independent? It's something I think I would want to do for my own sake rather than leave it to others.

I'm sorry if that suggestion is too much too soon and really sorry to hear about your husband.

I am glad you've found Dementia Talking Point. You'll hear lots of different advice and opinions but most of all I hope you'll feel the care and support.