Recent diagnosis

Stokas

Jul 24, 2013
South Yorkshire
My family and I have suspected for a while that Mum may have dementia, today she has been diagnosed.The Consultant and senior MHW visited her at home.They where very compassionate and worded things very well without suggesting the word Dementia.They have started her on Acumor MR 8mg for 2 weeks increasing to 16mg for a further 2 weeks.A further increase to 32mg as a permanent dosage after that.I just wondered if anyone has a loved one on this medication and if there had been any changes for better or worse.Any response would be appreciated Thanks

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Hello Stokas, a warm welcome to you to Talking Point, hope we can be of help to you now and in the future and offer support and understanding when needed:) it uplifts my heart that your mum was treated in such a compassionate way, for us as carers and people that care it can be one less battle to fight, sorry I cannot answer your question this time, but I am sure someone will be along with an answer for you, my mum is on Aricept 10mg,as she has Alzheimer's, sadly as my mum in law has vascular dementia, this medication is not given, but she is on a mixture of anti- depressants:eek: the medications seem to help the "mums" a lot of the time:rolleyes:
Please keep posting and take care
Best wishes
Chris

Stokas

Jul 24, 2013
South Yorkshire
Thankyou Chris

Hello Stokas, a warm welcome to you to Talking Point, hope we can be of help to you now and in the future and offer support and understanding when needed:) it uplifts my heart that your mum was treated in such a compassionate way, for us as carers and people that care it can be one less battle to fight, sorry I cannot answer your question this time, but I am sure someone will be along with an answer for you, my mum is on Aricept 10mg,as she has Alzheimer's, sadly as my mum in law has vascular dementia, this medication is not given, but she is on a mixture of anti- depressants:eek: the medications seem to help the "mums" a lot of the time:rolleyes:
Please keep posting and take care
Best wishes
Chris

Im just so glad for any feedback Chris , its a difficult time for everyone living with this disease, we have recently moved Mum from Scotland to be among all her family so we suspect she has been hiding just how bad things had got for her. Now she,s here we got the ball rolling very quickly. How do you manage with both Mums ? Ps I love the " rolleyes" quote x

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Lol:rolleyes:we manage with both the mums with vast gnashing of teeth......having brains like computers (having to remember everything and stuff we don't even think of) and becoming actors worthy of many oscars...
Keep posting and so pleased your "ball rolled quickly":D
Chris x

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandzz