Really Surprise You sometimes

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
My lovely Mum died yesterday. It took 27-28 hours from the Care Home calling me. Which was hard. But my husband was wonderful. Normally he sulks big time if left for much more than 3 hours at a time, and that mustn’t be more than to do a once a week visit to my Mum. Firstly since they officially said she was end of life, he has put up with me visiting every other day (daughter went the other days). We were out when phoned, I dropped him at home with a sandwich, met my children at the Home. When it was obvious she was taking her time my son said he would go, get him his tea, come back , and then if necessary go back and stay the night. Husband downright refused, he could cope - and he did, a few phone calls, trip to the chippie, his daughter coming over (3 hr journey), yesterday lunchtime, and short visit from me to do give him his morning meds (late), and sandwich lunch, and he was fine. Has not only not sulked but been caring and supportive, even listened without moaning about anyone and everyone. And he’s still bring lovely today. Feeling very grateful.

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
Thank you all for your support. I have been lucky really, she was 95, not many get to keep even a little bit of their mum for so long, and despite her dementia she always knew who me, my sister and my son and daughter were. (Couldn’t remember anyone else). So we were blessed.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
So sorry to read about your mum. How good that your husband was so supportive though.

Sending my condolences.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im so sorry to hear about your mum

Im glad she knew you till the end and Im glad your husband has been helpful and not sulked
xx