Really struggling at the moment

muriel.elliott

Aug 21, 2010
Berkshire
Hi all,
I do not know why but i seem to be finding it harder to cope this year with all the christmas things than i did last year. A friend put my Santa with his sleigh on my garage roof for me today. He sits there !flashing! away. I am trying to get in the christmas spirit but it is so hard.
I went up to bryans grave this morning with fresh flowers and there was a funeral - buriel going on while i was there, very close to bryans. That brought his funeral day all back to me. So hard. I do mis him so much.
I have to be up early tomorrow as i have a dr. app. at 9 a.m. I do not do mornings! Will get the results of my blood tests etc. Will let you know how i get on.
Love and hugs Muriel xx:confused:

Contrary Mary

Jun 11, 2010
Greater London
Oh I know what you mean about Christmas spirit. I'm afraid I don't feel at all Christmassy. I hope the blood tests turn out to be OK and it will be one less thing to think of.

Mary
x

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Dear Muriel, it's no surprise to me that you feel it's harder to cope this year than last, somehow. I know it's not the same situation at all, but with my cancer, I found the year after the treatment far harder than the year of treatment. Far harder. And I know from a friend who lost her child that she has felt somehow almost worse this year than last.

For what it is worth, I think perhaps the body and mind protect themselves from the emotional shock for the first few months, and then gradually allow the mind to start to take things on board.

I hope you can find time to be gentle with yourself and do things that you used to enjoy. Lots of love xx

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Dear Muriel,

Christmas is a very difficult time of year, and I can see that you are trying so hard to cope. It is very hard.

I'm sending you a warm hug and my love
Jan xx

jan1962

May 19, 2012
bedlington northumberland
Hi Murial,

sending you great big hugs.

Christmas is a hard time at best but when you have lost a loved one it makes it worse.
my mum die 9 years ago come 6th December and i still struggle.

hope everything goes well tomorrow.

love and hugs

jan1962 x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jwpp