1. Welcome to Talking Point - an online community for everyone who is affected by dementia. Whether you have dementia or know someone who does, we will be there for you.

If you need help using Talking Point, read our Help pages or contact us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk

2. Q&A: "Anticipatory Grief" - Tues 27th 6:30-7:30pm

Our next Q&A is on the topic of anticipatory grief - the feelings of grief or loss that can happen following a diagnosis of dementia. Ubeda from our Helpline will be answering your questions in this thread on the 27th February, from 6:30-7:30pm.

Pop by and post your questions now and we'll answer them on Tuesday.

Reading material for dementia patients

Discussion in 'Books, film and music' started by mrcrowy, Nov 16, 2012.

1. JigJog

JigJog Registered User

Nov 6, 2013
    Library Resources

Hi,

I went to a talk at my local memory cafe given by a librarian. She said my local library had boxes of resources for people suffering from Dementia. These included some beautiful picture books on a whole range of subjects and also boxes of objects from the past for them to pick up and handle.

I would never have known had I not been to the Memory Cafe that particular day. Might be worth asking at your local library.

2. creativesarah

creativesarah Registered User

I will check at our library if they havnt got them i will campaign to get some
    Sarah

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Talking Point mobile app

3. Aasha

Aasha Registered User

Jan 1, 2012
    Speke Liverpool
    Can you tell me the site please ?
    My husband has dementia and has just spend 4 weeks in hospital where the activity lady was amazing and said he enjoyed the reading hour they did twice a week , he is going back to his home tomorrow and I would like to start a reading hour for the residents that would like to take part but I am not sure where to get the short stories and poems they all seem to like .

4. creativesarah

I wondered if my new book of short stories might be of use to people on the forum. I will be sending a press release to the Alzheimers Society but in the meantime here's the link to my book written from my heart and experience.
    bit.ly/sarahveness

5. DeMartin

DeMartin Registered User

Jul 4, 2017
    Kent
    Contact your local library, they often have lists of suitable books and are good at getting them together for you, library services are dying from lack of people using them.

6. creativesarah