Ranting......Held Hostage by Helpers

PalSal

Dec 4, 2011
Pratteln Switzerland
OK....so I did not sack her. I just told her no and she seems to have accepted that answer. I have been told that it is cultural and that many from her background will ask lots of people for money and that they do not hold it against you if you say no. Easy to ask and no offence taken if one says no. I realize it is difficult for us to understand as in Western culture we are taught to be fiercely independent and not ask for help. I guess it is different where she is from. In the end she got the money from her sister.

But now my wonderful young Eritrean guy who has worked for me for five years, 7 hours a week, walking my hubby. He resigned on Friday. He got a full time job in a care home. I am so happy for him he is a wonderful young man. Steady, honest, on time and determined. I am sad I will not have his services but happy for him and his family.

My God has a sense of humor. I was so worried about having to replace the woman carer and ironed that out, now I will have to replace dear Bini.

I am grateful for these funds from the local government but the process of finding good people to actually do the work is difficult. Switzerland has full employment laws and it is difficult to procure this kind of work. I am not allowed to hire company's only individuals. It seems like I am rehiring every six months....replacements. Interviewing and making new contracts, submitting them to the agency where I get the funds....it is usually about a three month process. I am moaning, and many of you would be delighted to have such support. So I will stop and be grateful.