Raising funds through Photography

Digilux108

Nov 7, 2016
Essex
I gave up work to care for my mother 24/7. She sadly passed away in August. During the time that I was a carer, I joined the Royal Photographic Society and obtained two of the three distinctions that the Society awards its members. In 2012, I turned my hobby into a part time profession.

I now want to use my photographic skills to help raise funds for the Society. I have already been supporting Headway Essex and some other charities by donating some of my services, which they have auctioned at their black tie events.

I am working on putting together a couple of different options, but since I have already done a few pre-wedding photo shoots in London, I wanted to raise funds through a series of couple/engagement evening shoots in London. These are aimed at capturing proposals and new engagements, anniversaries or other special occasions with beautiful images, set against the backdrop of some of London's iconic landmarks.

A photo shoot like this is worth around £300 and I would like to raise at least £1,000.

Would love to get some opinions and views to see what you think, so I can start promoting them via my Face Book page etc.

Thank you.

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
I have been raising funds and awareness through my photography I have had some exhibitions in our local library and a cafe.
I sell cards too with my photos on
This is the advert I made for my last exhibition

Attachments

• advert (800x600).jpg
    advert (800x600).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 628