Purple Angel Trademark secured

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
This is a HUGE DAY for all connected with the Purple Angel. She will be now flying FOREVER , safe and secure in the Knowledge that the Trademark is now ours and all legal as you can see by the pics!! This has been a long time coming but has now secured the future of the Purple Angel for all who wish to use it as a Awareness raising Logo and for Non for Profit is safe and it is where it belongs, for the People

Please see attached Statement and please SHARE , and SHARE asnd SHARE LOLL XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

. Statement

To whom it may concern, i, Norman Mc Namara, hereby give consent to all parties to use this Purple Angel logo

(with additions to it, behind or in front with our consent only, present logos being used like this at the moment in time, have out permission to do so,) ,

but the Purple Angel must be foremost in the logo, Present logos being used like this at the moment in time are ok, but from this day on any future logos that are used that resemble the PA in any way, shape form or colour, will be scrutinized by the I.P.o_Office in London for the sole purpose of use for raising Awareness of all types of dementia in a non for profit way only, Anybody not adhering to this will be contacted by the Intellectual Property Office, London, Uk, yours sincerely Norman Mc Namara

https://www.facebook.com/norm.mac1/...243153.1073741912.794368152&type=3&uploaded=2
PA LOGO Secured Forever !!!!! (2 photos)

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 513

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Looks a good, easily identifiable logo to me Norms. I'm on a committee regarding Dementia Friendly Communities and there's been a lot of discussion about logos to be awarded and put on shop fronts. There is confusion on our committee about what logo is used in hospitals to denote dementia, what logo is used on records to show do not resussitate, what logo local charities use, what log is used for any national initiatives......the list is endless and I feel like I'm in the middle of a boggy field.

Can you help clarify all this please so that I can put forward a clear picture for my committee?

xxTinaT

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Of course, this is what happens here in Torbay Hospital, the Blue forget me not is on patients notes and every ward has a purple Angel dementia aware sticker on it. The forget me not denoted the person has dementia, the Angel denotes that all staff on that ward have had dementia training. This doesn't confuse anybody here in Torbay or at any of the 11 community hospitals in south devon. I mean how hard is it for people to understand that the two mean the same thing "Dementia " ? Not that hard surely LOLL Hope this helps xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2197alexandra

Oct 28, 2013
Sileby
Well done norms I have printed off your pdfs and I am taking them to my dad's dentist next time we go. They are really clued up when it comes to handling dementia patients the treatment and service my father had recently received when replacing a full set of dentures was excellent. I do believe the girls at the surgery would embrace your scheme. Well done on the trademark. X

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Talking Point mobile app

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Norms,

Congratulations on the new Trademark. Can you please clear up some confusion for me? If you google purple angel dementia there is a website that comes up all about purple angel - at the bottom it talks about affiliations and mentions a particular company, saying it is not affiliated etc etc. The company mentioned however also comes up on google and appears to be part of the purple angel initiative in some way or another. Can you explain what it all means, particuarly now you have got your trademark - I wouldn't want to be sending folks to places that I shouldn't be! LOL

Once again, congratulations and long may you continue.

Fiona

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Two Purple Angel Websites

Norms,

Congratulations on the new Trademark. Can you please clear up some confusion for me? If you google purple angel dementia there is a website that comes up all about purple angel - at the bottom it talks about affiliations and mentions a particular company, saying it is not affiliated etc etc. The company mentioned however also comes up on google and appears to be part of the purple angel initiative in some way or another. Can you explain what it all means, particuarly now you have got your trademark - I wouldn't want to be sending folks to places that I shouldn't be! LOL

Once again, congratulations and long may you continue.

Fiona
Hi Fiona, I think I can help with your query. The website you are referring to is www.PurpleAngel.org.uk
I created this website with fantastic support from my friend who is a website developer. This site was created in May 2013 to help Norman and all friends who support The Purple Angel awareness raising campaign. Our objective was to elevate the image of The Purple Angel from a local focus to one which could be adopted worldwide. Norman was over the moon with our initiative. We were all working well together until we encountered a problem with sponsorship by a commercial entity which led to serious misunderstanding between Norman and ourselves. We tried everything in our power to enable a resolution but this has proved to be an impossible scenario (to date). My colleague and I have invested hundreds of hours of our time voluntarily and are still reeling from this unfortunate state of affairs. Norman publicly severed all connections with us and now there are two Purple Angel websites which is very confusing and unhelpful to the movement. We could accept the fact that Norman has effectively disenfranchised us from the movement but we feel we have obligations to The Purple Angel supporters around the world who have donated money in 2013 and 2014. We have also invested in the suppliers of crafts and other merchandise. I have written about this on our blog http://www.purpleangel.org.uk/blog/?cat=19

Last edited:

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Wow. All seems a rather complex situation and thank you for explaining things to me. I hope I haven't caused any further angst by asking the question but I was getting confused by what I was seeing.

Thank you so much for your help,

Fiona

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Wow. All seems a rather complex situation and thank you for explaining things to me. I hope I haven't caused any further angst by asking the question but I was getting confused by what I was seeing.

Thank you so much for your help,

Fiona

No problem Fiona, thanks for your interest. x

Last edited:

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Thank you for clarifying this point Jancis as I have been very confused about this myself for some time, but it sounds as if someone else’s Angel is now riding on the crest of a wave on your Angels wings!!!!!!!!!!

(The website you are referring to is www.PurpleAngel.org.uk
I created this website with fantastic support from my friend who is a website developer. This site was created in May 2013 to help Norman and all friends who support The Purple Angel awareness raising campaign. Our objective was to elevate the image of The Purple Angel from a local focus to one which could be adopted worldwide. Norman was over the moon with our initiative. We were all working well together until we encountered a problem with sponsorship by a commercial entity which led to serious misunderstanding between Norman and ourselves. We tried everything in our power to enable a resolution but this has proved to be an impossible scenario (to date). My colleague and I have invested hundreds of hours of our time voluntarily and are still reeling from this unfortunate state of affairs. Norman publicly severed all connections with us and now there are two Purple Angel websites which is very confusing and unhelpful to the movement. We could accept the fact that Norman has effectively disenfranchised us from the movement but we feel we have obligations to The Purple Angel supporters around the world who have donated money in 2013 and 2014. We have also invested in the suppliers of crafts and other merchandise. I have written about this on our blog (linked to PurpleAngel.org.uk).

BUT, and I'm sorry to say, to the best of my knowledge I am surprised that TP have even allowed this thread to go ahead as its (Advertising)

Last edited:

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Barry

Just to Clarify as you say, the Purple angel logo was born before the pa.org as it was and still is the original logo of the TDAA, nobodys angel is riding the crest of a wave on anybody elses wings !! we might have our differences but we all want the same thing, this is not a competition !! So very surpised at you for writing this, i have no problem with PA.org being put on TP, norrms and family