Problems signing in?

SoyHJ

Mar 16, 2013
I frequently have problems signing in due to getting the message that my username/password is not correct. The first time, ok, maybe I could have made a mistake but on subsequent attempts? No! Sometimes it takes three attempts before my details are accepted. Just now, I had to use up all five attempts and finally got accepted on the fifth. Particularly frustrating when you really need to sign in NOW.

Does anyone else have this problem? I'm using an ipad but sign in via the web using safari and not the TP app.

SoyHJ

Mar 16, 2013
Thanks, Nitram, will try that. Do it regularly on the PC but not on ipad. At the moment my setting is to block cookies from third parties etc but I realise that this doesn't mean some aren't stored. I'll give it a go later and post an update.

SoyHJ

Mar 16, 2013
Hi Nitram, back again with an update! I tried removing cookies and since then I've had a couple of glitches when trying to log in but nothing like before. It looks like that could have been a lot of the problem. Thanks a lot. x

SoyHJ

Mar 16, 2013
Re my last post, cleared all the cookies etc. this evening when I went to sign on, finally managed it on my last attempt. Previously I had tried closing any open apps on my ipad including the TP sign in page in the hopes that might help but, no. Is anyone else having this problem ie signing in to TP on ipad via the website not the app? When you really want or need to post something or reply to a PM it's so frustrating.

SoyHJ

Mar 16, 2013
No, I get the usual TP homepage, I can read posts as usual without signing in. It's if I want to actually login with my username and password that it's hit and miss. As i said before, getting a message onscreen that what I've entered is not correct could be down to my own error. Twice....possibly???? More than that and something is wrong. Oh and though my data involves both capital and small letters I am well aware of iPad's penchant for sneaking in a capital when I haven't wanted one!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
As a test change your TP password to something simple - no mixed cases - and see what happens.

SoyHJ

Mar 16, 2013
Ok, says she doubtfully ....It's just that I can easily remember this one and it's one OH could never come up with in a million years! The whole thing seems to be so unpredictable as there seems to be good and bad days with no one factor in common on the days I have problems.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"... I am well aware of iPad's penchant for sneaking in a capital when I haven't wanted one!..."

Again,as a test only, password abcdefg if TP accepts it, OH would never guess this in the short term.

SoyHJ

Mar 16, 2013
Thanks Nitram. Just a question...before I do a trial as you suggested, would I later be able to change the password back to the original one or would it not be accepted and then I'd have to come up with a totally new one?

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I've just changed my TP password logged out, logged in with new password, logged out, changed back to original password, logged out and then logged in using original password.

SoyHJ

Mar 16, 2013
Hi Nitram. Sorry for the delay replying but I thought I'd hang on for a while to test things out. When I went to change my password, guess what, when I very carefully entered the old one and repeated it I was told it was incorrect! Interesting... Finally got there, changed it to one with no capitals and, touch wood, have been able to login without hassle ever since! (Still don't understand why one word with a capital at the beginning and one in the middle should have caused a problem though especially as I'd been using it for a long time without problems). Never mind, though. All appears to be ok now so thank you for taking the time and trouble to reply.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACampbell