Positive care home visit

StressedDaughter

Jan 25, 2023
My Mum has been in a care home since the start of January. She, like many others, has taken time to settle. But today they had a sit out in the sun followed by karaoke and dancing. The mood in the home was so positive and everyone was smiling and having a lovely time. I’m sure the weather helps but I left feeling happy that Mum is also now happy. Hopefully it continues!

Kristo

Apr 10, 2023
That’s so reassuring - my dad went into a home a month ago and seems to be very busy and enjoying the activities (far more settled than I ever thought he would be) although he is not sleeping very well. I have just taken the decision to drop my visits from daily to every other day, as I was rushing there in my lunch hour every day and getting burnout. I can’t visit him after work because they are all sundowning at that time and he is usually quite tired. I have been so pleasantly surprised at how homely it is and how absolutely amazing all the staff are. Such a relief, even though the guilt monster is still eating away at me! Best of luck that your relative settles and starts to enjoy the setting x