• 70-79 years

Votes: 22 5.9%
  • 80 years or over

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
I thought it would be good to understand a bit more about the users of the forum, so I'm going to try to use the poll facility, if it works.

Please feel free to add to the poll!

x-lauren-x

Mar 6, 2007
Hiya Barb :)
yes- like sylvia said I'm 15 but i help care for my uncle with my mum, we work together really like a team- she does all the tlaking to the doctors n etc and I try to help my uncle at home- now hes moving to a care home i dont do this so much- more just visiting him and chatting to him :)
lv laurenxxxxx
ps: thanks sylvia for explaining on my behalf!:)

bated01

Apr 4, 2008
Coventry, England
Definately under 40

In fact i am 22. It is my Nan i am caring for, her only son (my dad) passed away almost two years ago who i also cared for while he was terminally ill. I am Finding it extremely difficult becasue she is progressing so rapidly and has gone from being a bit forgetful to not recognising anyone in a matter of weeks.

It just goes to show that this disease can affect people of all ages!

Debbie

andrear

Feb 13, 2008
Yorkshire
I'm in my 40's and no am not going to disclose my real age cos in my head i'm still in my 30's - but i'm in the latter of the 40's
Andrea

Emmy

Apr 11, 2008
Horsham, West Sussex
Poll:age of carers

I am 56 and I care for my husband who is 58 and has had A;zheimers for about 10 years. My father in law died recently and he had had Alzheimers/vascular dementia for about the same length of time.:

Sabr

May 29, 2008

Hi everyone. :)
I am in my 40th year, but still hanging on to the edge of 39! My husband, who has recently been diagnosed with dementia, is 64. :eek:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Sabr

YOu are so young to have a husband with this dreadful condition. Please take the support that Talking Point [TP] offers and post as often as you can.
It will help you feel less alone.
Love xx

Deexox

Jul 28, 2008
Definatly under 40 :D

I'm 20 caring for my Granda who is 84 and has alzheimers. He went into a home a year and a half ago so not as heavily involved anymore :(