Plug sockets-advice please

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
MIL has started to 'fiddle' with plugs. She did it when we were on holiday in Hastings and we thought it was because of exacerbated confusion due to being out of routine. But she is doing it at home now. She keeps pulling them out rather than just leaving them alone. Apart from us literally watching her every minute are there any devices around to help? She is never left alone but I do go to the toilet or change the beds etc. Probably there is nothing I can do but you lot have so much information I thought I would ask you all

Many thanks

K x

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Brilliant thank you. Hubby manically trying to get out of the house so will show him when he gets home x

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I wish I'd known about the plug covers. Once Pete turned on an electric heater and placed a tea towel over the grill-I found it in time but it was such a worry.

Have good days if you can everyone.

Lyn T

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Oh Lyn how frightening,

Isn't it amazing what you can get these days , ,

Best wishes Jeany x

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
I don't know why she has developed this fascination with plugs. It is very scary :eek:!

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
You may well be right. My mother has started to do the same then wonders why the Freeview doesn't work :eek:

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Can't find them in B&Q either just these which wouldn't be any good for 1954 as she wants to prevent the plugs being pulled out ,
These are actually quite hard to pull out as they lie flat against the plate. I used them for my grandchildren. The ones that lift off can be clicked open too I imagine, so it's a case of reducing the risk. At least the B&Q ones are very cheap, especially compared to the others, so if might be worth a try first.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
These are actually quite hard to pull out as they lie flat against the plate. I used them for my grandchildren. The ones that lift off can be clicked open too I imagine, so it's a case of reducing the risk. At least the B&Q ones are very cheap, especially compared to the others, so if might be worth a try first.

Yes but the ones from B&Q and Argos you put those in instead of plugs to fill the holes, 1954 wants the plugs covered so they can't be pulled out , not so things can't be poked in, there is a childproof safety catch on the ones on Amazon which might slow her MIL down,

Last edited:

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
there is a childproof safety catch on the ones on Amazon which might slow her MIL down,
I see, well that will make a difference.
Mind you, your MIL would need long finger nails to get the plug-in ones off too. They're not easy and strength has nothing to do with it. It's that they lie practically flush. I used a knife! Mine weren't B&Q though but look the same.

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
That's right its the ones that make it hard for MIL to pull off that I need :eek:

The B&Q and Argos ones are hard to pull off, I guess it depends on how determined your MIL is, how strong her arms are and where the plugs are positioned.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I see, well that will make a difference.
Mind you, your MIL would need long finger nails to get the plug-in ones off too. They're not easy and strength has nothing to do with it. It's that they lie practically flush. I used a knife! Mine weren't B&Q though but look the same.

The B&Q and Argos ones are hard to pull off, I guess it depends on how determined your MIL is, how strong her arms are and where the plugs are positioned.

1954 wants to stop her MIL from pulling the plugs out the B&Q ones and the Argos ones are to stop children from poking things in the holes when there are no plugs in,

Jeany x

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
1954 wants to stop her MIL from pulling the plugs out the B&Q ones and the Argos ones are to stop children from poking things in the holes when there are no plugs in,
I know that Jeany but I just thought that as they are cheap and difficult to get out, they might be worth a try. I was tryng to be helpful but obviously not succeeding - so I'll shut up now.

Last edited:

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carol Diane