Please help

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Softy.
I hope you feel better now you re doing something constructive.
I hope you are successful in your stand against such disgraceful treatment.
Love xx

frederickgt

Jun 4, 2005
Hornchurch,Essex
Softy

Keep,Keep complaining,I can recognise what you are going through,because I have been there,Food left in front of my wife and left,pads not changed and nappy rash ensuing,some nurses cared ,some just went through the motions,and this in a modern hospital.I have now lost my wife,and dont think I will evere cease to blame the hospital for some of their lack of care,it did improve after I conplained,but by then it was too lateKeep complaining 0r you may join me in my grief.Wishing you better news in future,Keep us informed here on T.P.
Fred GT

Softy

Jan 25, 2008
West Yorkshire
I have been in touch with my sister who lives along way away from us, between us we have managed to get mum to agree with our concerns, we are making an official complaint to the inspectors who vistited dads home a few weeks ago, in addition I have a meeting with the home tom when I have asked to be provided with hard copies of dads care planse. We have an appointment with his GP and my sister is travelling up next weekend to help. Dad was much better today again when mum visited she queried why dad hadnt been served his meal and was told that they were waiting for someone to feed him. This has never happened before, my mum fed him and he ate bth courses. It has happened before where we had got to the stage of official complaint and the home has improved but it doesnt last and I am not backing off this time. I have a written records of every complaint which I will give to the home and dads GP tom, whatch this space. Softy has turned over a new leaf thanks to you all.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
OH well done Softy. You will have to change your name.

I wish you every success and hope you will post an update when you have had your meetings. Meanwhile your father is already being given some better attention.

Love xx

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
Keep it going Softy,

Your case sounds disgraceful and inhuman, it's tough but keep at it.

In years to come you'll think: "Thank God I did that".

Love to you

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Well done, Softy!

You sound as if you've got it all worked out, and that's great.

Polite but firm, and remember that right's on your side -- as are we.:):)

Let us know how it goes,

Love,

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Dear Softy

Keep up your strength. Make your points clearly and strongly. No need to involve Panorama yet, but be prepared for some strong words.

Make it clear that you want results, and things putting right, and give them a timescale, i.e tomorrow for feeding.

Good luck, let us know how you go on.

Be brave

Margaret