Playing The Violin In The Care Home Again

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello everyone!

I'm just letting you all know that I played the violin in dad's care home again and this time instead of trying to get me to sit down he actually started dancing. The other's were either listening or singing along and generally having a good time. However the heating was on full and I ended up taking my jumper off on a cold day but never mind dad's happy.

MaNaAk

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
Hello everyone!

I'm just letting you all know that I played the violin in dad's care home again and this time instead of trying to get me to sit down he actually started dancing. The other's were either listening or singing along and generally having a good time. However the heating was on full and I ended up taking my jumper off on a cold day but never mind dad's happy.

MaNaAk
Sounds great

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
Thankyou Susan!

MaNaAk
Last Christmas when Dad was still alive and mum and dad still lived in their own home my daughter brought up her ukelele and dad found his harmonica and they played Carols together and we all sang. An unusual duo !

Elle3

Jun 30, 2016
Aww that sounds lovely.

Today at my dad's care home, it was Gentlemen's day and they were all given a pie and a pint!

Not sure my dad knew what to do with it though, as he hasn't touched alcohol for years and the pie was also a mystery to him. But at least they are trying, lol!

Take care.
Elle x

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
Aww that sounds lovely.

Today at my dad's care home, it was Gentlemen's day and they were all given a pie and a pint!

Not sure my dad knew what to do with it though, as he hasn't touched alcohol for years and the pie was also a mystery to him. But at least they are trying, lol!

Take care.
Elle x
Well that's unusual. I've never heard of that before. Perhaps they'll have cocktails for the Ladies !

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello everyone!

MaNaAk
Thats just brilliant MaNaAk. What a lovely response to your playing. Are you going to do it again sometime?

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Hello everyone!

MaNaAk

@MaNaAk that is wonderful. My son plays guitar and every now and then he takes it down dads and plays him some cowboy music. Dad loves it

I wish I had that talent.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
@MaNaAk that is wonderful. My son plays guitar and every now and then he takes it down dads and plays him some cowboy music. Dad loves it

I wish I had that talent.

Dear Duggies-girl,

If I ever met you I'd say as a Piano and Violin Teacher that I take adult pupils. You may have a hidden talent! Your dad, like mine, must really enjoy hearing your son play.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou everyone!

I think the other residents are also hoping that I will play again so I will ask the manageress for another recital date at some point. Today I took dad some Malaysian curry and then we joined in with dancing in a circle. Later on dad decided to go to the loo and I found out that he had been refusing to use the residents loo because he has decided that it is for the ladies and he has started to use the carers and visitors toilet! Meanwhile in his room the unidentified boxer shorts and y-fronts have turned up again!

MaNaAk

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Mum had an unidentified pair of daisy print pyjamas that used to constantly turn up in her room despite being too small for her. Turfing them out just became part of the routine :rolleyes:

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Mum had an unidentified pair of daisy print pyjamas that used to constantly turn up in her room despite being too small for her. Turfing them out just became part of the routine :rolleyes:

These pants fit dad as I have unfortunately seen him wear them but the old dad wouldn't have gone anywhere near a pair of pants with a seasonal design on them! This seems to be all part of the fun of a care home!

MaNaAk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david m