1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. Spiro

Spiro Registered User

Mar 11, 2012
    I've read with interest about Apps that you can use to record phone conversations with, for example, SS.

Could anyone tell me where I can download these Apps?

2. Pete R

Pete R Registered User

Jul 26, 2014
    Staffs
    Have you got a smart phone? If so what make?

3. Spiro

Spiro Registered User

Mar 11, 2012
    Yes, Samsung

4. Pete R

Pete R Registered User

Jul 26, 2014
    Staffs
    You go along to Google Play store and download the app to your phone.

These work well for me.....

"Smart Voice Recorder"
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andrwq.recorder

You just turn on the recorder and put the phone in standby mode, so the screen is off, and leave it in your pocket.

I also record all telephone calls on my phone using...
    "Call recorder"
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=polis.app.callrecorder

You do have to make sure it works with your phones microphones as even though it will download OK some phones just will not work.

5. Spiro

Spiro Registered User

Mar 11, 2012
    A belated thank you, Pete R. Wish me luck!