Phase 111 Alzhemed trials .

Discussion in 'Dementia-related news and campaigns' started by Margarita, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    Did any one read about or Know about ?

A woman in Called Anna Hickerson 71, who lives in Oklahoma , considers one drug a success . There years ago , Anna was diagnosed with early Alzheimer's .

(Story is told in Reader's Digest )

Anna enrolled in Phase 111 North American Clinical trial for Alzhemed ,An experimental drug made by Neurochem

Today , after more than two years on the drug, Anna Hickerson arranges flower for chuch services and drives for miles with getting lost "I m more clear -headed " she says .

before taking the drug she could not drive anymore or work in her flower shop

Eight UK centers are currently involved in Phase 111 Alzhemed trials .

I only got the Reader's Digest because it said on Cover Tap your Brains Healing Power then I read that Billionaire philanthropist Paul Allen, co founder of Microsoft , gather some of the words top scientists to establish the Allen Institute of Brain Science in Seattle .
    www. brain-map-org .

Then read about
    the new trail drug that Anna Hickerson is taking now

Just go to show they is hope in the future for a drug , not a Cure I know but at lest giving the person more time .

More drugs on the market would mean , that if those 3 drugs that have out now in UK , do not work for the person they have more option to try more .

2. cris

cris Registered User

Aug 23, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Do you really think NICE would approve any other Alz. drugs. NHS and government have a funding issue. Short sighted, but then governments are.
    cris

3. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    Hopefully UK AZ society will win in the high court (NICE) with the drugs people can't get now, so opening the door for new drugs to also be use , when they come available in UK from US in the future