Petition for NHS Funding

Shaky

May 10, 2004
Dudley, West Midlands
This Petition is currently running on the PM's petition web-site, I urge you all to add to the list of signatures added . . .

'The Core Principles of the NHS can be summed up as follows:

To provide care which is free at the point of need, meets the
needs of everyone and is based on a patient's clinical need not
their ability to pay.

Tony Blair said at the Labour Party Conference in 1997 that he
didn't want his children brought up in a country where
pensioners had to sell their homes to pay for long term care.

Since then approx 700,000 homes have been sold to pay for care.

This applies to sick people of all ages. These people have paid
taxes and national insurance all their lives, then suddenly
they get taxed again when they become ill by funding their own
long term care. What an absolute disgrace!!!!!

IF YOU HAVE AN ILLNESS OR DISABILITY YOU ARE ENTITLED TO FULLY
FUNDED NHS CONTINUING HEALTH CARE UNDER THE NATIONAL HEALTH
SERVICE ACT 1946'.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/nepensioners/

twink

Oct 28, 2005
Cambridgeshire UK
Just been in and signed. My husband is only 56 and has been on a secure assessment unit for almost 5 months and they are meeting on Wednesday to discuss funding for him and I've had the social worker on the phone twice now asking if I could take him home if he doesn't get funding. The psychiatrist told me last October that he would never come home again as he is severely demented. Now they are talking about him coming home with 24 hour care. I've been told that I wouldn't have to sell our home to fund him so I hope I have been told correctly.

Sue

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I have sigh it aready for all its worth

Read this on th cut back that is happening NOW in london Mental health and older people’s services feel brunt of NHS cash cuts

http://www.communitycare.co.uk/Arti...-peoples-services-feel-brunt-of-nhs-cash.html

Then read this http://www.number10.gov.uk/output/page654.asp and go down to health , its a Joke

Any government trying to win the public vote will say anything to win they vote , but never live up to it

another joke lol
'The Core Principles of the NHS can be summed up as follows:

Last edited:

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Just signed. The present system must leave victims feeling 'mugged' by the state, just at a time when help, compassion and access to vital resources is most needed.

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
twink said:
Now they are talking about him coming home with 24 hour care. I've been told that I wouldn't have to sell our home to fund him so I hope I have been told correctly.
Sue

That sounds right to me. The partner of someone who goes into permanent residential care does not have to sell their marital home to fund that care.

Brenda

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey