Pete's long goodbye is over

pony-mad

May 23, 2014
Mid-Wales
I'm so glad that Pete's celebration was such a true reflection of the man.
Thank you for sharing your lovely memories of him and your adventures!!!
Best wishes for the days, weeks, months ahead.
Love G x

dumpygirl

Nov 20, 2013
derbyshire
Lyn - Your post moved me to tears and that is quite rare for me. I can just imagine it all happening and being so very emotional for you and everyone who was there. So glad that so many people wanted to share with you the celebration of Pete's life. I feel as if I know him from all that you have shared with us. Now you must take care of yourself and feel proud of all that you have achieved. I wish you peace and happiness as you go forward with your life.
Anne

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
Wow! No-one could ask for a better send-off. It sounds so real and so much about the great man himself. Well done you for putting it all together and seeing it all through. You are amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Dear Lyn. You did Pete proud and I'm sure his arms were around you when you were talking. No wonder you had a standing ovation and how lovely to hear friends saying such good things about Pete too. Am holding you, Scarlett and WIFE in my thoughts and I hope you can find comfort in each other as you grieve. God bless you all. Verityxx

Sent from my GT-N5110

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Lyn, you already know how much I admire the way you have coped with everything life has thrown at you in recent times.
First, your wonderful support for Pete when he was so ill and now the preparations for his final farewell.
That you managed to speak at the funeral is wonderful as I know how upset you must have been. However, you found the courage throught your great love for Pete.

You grief will be great but I know you will bear it with the fortitude you have always shown.
TP will be here for you as it has been for me and others who have passed this way.
love as always. xxx

NanLorac

May 14, 2012
Scotland
What a wonderful celebration of Pete's life and I applaud you for having the strength to stand up and share some of your memories.
You were in my thoughts yesterday Lyn. Take care of yourself x

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
What a way to go! I'm so glad everything went so well for you Lyn. :) I knew you'd do it, and Pete and John must have been cheering themselves hoarse, sweetie. Hey, perhaps we can start a company and call it "Eulogies Are Us"? ;)

And now, as you rightly say, we must stand either side of WIFE and support her, whilst Pete and John will do the same for Mr Wife (I'm sorry I don't know his name). What a lousy, rubbish, horrible, cruel illness this is. :(

And WIFE has been asked for the funeral to fit in with the social life of her sister-in-law's husband!! It's amazing how every one of us seems to get their fair share of crass, selfish remarks made by ignorant people.

Lyn, may you find comfort and peace in the knowledge that Pete couldn't have had a better girl, both in life and in death, and you can rightly feel proud of yourself for giving him the very best send off possible.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Lyn, I am pleased for you that the day all went as you wished. You have long had my admiration for all that you have done for your Pete, from the start to the end, and you have been through such difficult times. It could not have been easy for you yesterday but you had the courage and achieved all that you wished, and Pete would be so proud of you.

Now be kind to yourself on the difficult road ahead. You must feel so tired, so many thoughts… I wish you peace and rest.

Thinking of you
With love

Loo xxx

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
I'm so glad that the day went as you wanted, Lyn - was thinking about you throughout the day, so admiring of you (and Scarlett and all the others) who are able to find the strength to give their loved ones a wonderful send off.

Sending you wishes for peace in the days ahead xxxxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Thanks for asking Wife especially at this point in your life. You are doing so well.

Me? Well I'm very depressed. I thought I had done my grieving as Pete slipped further and further away from me during the years. Then my grief worsened after Pete died. Now it's got even worse. It's raw and very painful and I keep getting flashbacks of Pete being in my arms and choking and not opening his mouth to let the vomit out. Then worse of all his eyes rolling and his three deep breaths before he passed.

I bet you wished that you hadn't asked now don't you?:D

Sorry if anyone reads this post while eating:eek:

Keep going my dear-you are holding it all together brilliantly.

Love

Lyn T XXX