permenent effect of UTIs on dementia

Maya

Jul 23, 2009
I live in purgatory
Does anyone know about this?

Does a UTI leave a permanent deterioration on a person's dementia condition owing to toxins released in the brain during a UTI ?

Do you know of any research on this ?

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Maya

I don't know of any research, but I have personal experience of this.

My husband John had a severe UTI almost two years ago. As a result he lost all balance, and hence mobility. He became doubly incontinent, where he was borderline urine-incontinent, faeces-continent prior to the infection. And his speech, which was very poor beforehand, went completely.

As a result he was transferred directly from hospital to an EMI unit, where he still is.

It's only the mobility problem keeping him there, he's otherwise fit, and prior to the infection used to walk a mile twice a day.

panpam83

Apr 14, 2009
westchester
uti's

It must be bad,because ay infestion causes inflamation.They are now finding out,even teeth or mouth infections ,can cause strokes,and heart problems.My husband has a prolasped valve, and, he must take 4 anti-biotic pills before,any mouth work that includes,any blood.

panpam83

Apr 14, 2009
westchester
thank-you Sandy

Sandy,this is a great article telling about the dangers of inflammation.it is a help that we can better understand the things that happen,with these diseases.