Peace at last for my Dad

Greycardi

Sep 26, 2015
So the day has come. My dear Dad has passed away. Mum and I missed the moment of his passing but we sat with him and said thank you for being such a good husband, father and such a loving Grandpa. It felt like he was still there somehow and that he was just about to smile and open his eyes. It was a very peaceful ending for him and for us. And the sky was so stunning that evening it felt like the world was giving him a beautiful send-off.

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
So the day has come. My dear Dad has passed away. Mum and I missed the moment of his passing but we sat with him and said thank you for being such a good husband, father and such a loving Grandpa. It felt like he was still there somehow and that he was just about to smile and open his eyes. It was a very peaceful ending for him and for us. And the sky was so stunning that evening it felt like the world was giving him a beautiful send-off.

You must be grateful that you were able to say your goodbyes and even if you didn't 'catch the actual moment' of his leaving you are reassured that it was peaceful.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. Wishing you and Mum strength in the days ahead.

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
I have pm'd you but once again express my sorrow for your loss of your dear Father and sending much love to you and your Mum. Just like me you always seem to see the beauty and to have seen that beautiful sky was a very fitting tribute to a lovely man. Xxxx

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
So sorry Greycardi, for your mum's and your loss. Lovely that it was so peaceful and there was that beautiful sky to give you some comfort. Wishing you both strength for the time ahead.xx

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
My condolences to you - it sounds like you will be able to take comfort from sitting with him x

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
What a lovely way to leave this world and how grateful you must be for being there with him to say goodbye even if exact moment passesd you by. It is what we would wish for ourselves I'm sure. Peace at last.