Patience

Anniefran

Aug 16, 2022
As a child I was brought up to believe that patience is a virtue and to think of others before yourself.
I always found it easy to do.
I try to encourage our children and grandchildren to do the same.
Everyone is unique but equally as important in the world.
I still know that everyone is important and always think of others.
I have just lost my patience though with the most precious person in the world...
My best friend.
My amazing husband.
The best dad and grandad.
What is wrong with me!?
I feel sad

Rishile

Dec 28, 2022
As a child I was brought up to believe that patience is a virtue and to think of others before yourself.
I have just lost my patience though with the most precious person in the world...
My best friend.
My amazing husband.
What is wrong with me!?
I feel sad
Hi @Anniefran
I know the feeling - the same has just happened to me. I have just tried to get my husband ready for bed and he was refusing to get undressed. I lost my temper and stormed off which, of course, meant he went to bed almost-dressed and was 'asleep' when I went back. I feel bad but I know he will have forgotten all about it when he wakes up. Your amazing husband will have forgotten too. Only you will remember - and that is the sad part.

I was stressed and frustrated this morning which my husband picked up on. He always does. He asked me if I was fed up with him. Of course, I told him 'no, never' but I stressed it was 'the disease' (that's what we call it) that I got angry and frustrated with. Not him. Never him.

Your husband is still there along with your best friend, the best dad and grandad. Some days he may be difficult to find but you have to keep searching and you will find him.

Anniefran

Aug 16, 2022
Hi @Anniefran
I know the feeling - the same has just happened to me. I have just tried to get my husband ready for bed and he was refusing to get undressed. I lost my temper and stormed off which, of course, meant he went to bed almost-dressed and was 'asleep' when I went back. I feel bad but I know he will have forgotten all about it when he wakes up. Your amazing husband will have forgotten too. Only you will remember - and that is the sad part.

I was stressed and frustrated this morning which my husband picked up on. He always does. He asked me if I was fed up with him. Of course, I told him 'no, never' but I stressed it was 'the disease' (that's what we call it) that I got angry and frustrated with. Not him. Never him.

Your husband is still there along with your best friend, the best dad and grandad. Some days he may be difficult to find but you have to keep searching and you will find him.
Thankyou, I know he's there somewhere.
I'm getting too tired to search now

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
My best friend.
My amazing husband.
What is wrong with me!?
I feel sad
it is sad and it takes longer to find them. dementia has a lot to answer for

Bugs

Aug 27, 2020
My best friend.
My amazing husband.
What is wrong with me!?
I feel sad
I did the same over the weekend. It took me days to get over the guilt. I contacted my GP and let him know I was struggling. He suggested a mild tranquiliser which I have not yet started. Just speaking to the GP and knowing that my family understand helped a lot. I will start the medication tonight and hopefully it will also stop me constantly clenching my jaw while I sleep as that is seriously damaging my teeth. I have always thought I coped with the stress fairly well but I dont and it took this weekend outburst to realise I need help.

sapphire turner

Jan 14, 2022
Wow I had the jaw clenching thing, it was giving me toothache and headaches. My dentist explained what I was doing, and gave me some mouth exercises to do. It happened during a particularly stressful time with my husband being angry and not speaking to me. It is much better now but it took about six weeks to settle down.
This is all so hard! Hoping you all stay strong and look after yourselves xxx ❤️

CuriousGran

Jan 23, 2023
I'm with you there! I shouted at my best friend over bathing last evening.
Like others here - he didn't remember it by bedtime
He did remember, however, getting cold in the bath. He had forgotten how to turn the tap on to warm the water and said he was too cold to call for help.

I have just ordered a homeopathic remedy on prescription from a medical homeopath for depression. She also prescribed 2 remedies to help him. I'm going to take them too because sometimes I wonder whether it's me with dementia!

Anniefran

Aug 16, 2022
I'm with you there! I shouted at my best friend over bathing last evening.
Like others here - he didn't remember it by bedtime
He did remember, however, getting cold in the bath. He had forgotten how to turn the tap on to warm the water and said he was too cold to call for help.

I have just ordered a homeopathic remedy on prescription from a medical homeopath for depression. She also prescribed 2 remedies to help him. I'm going to take them too because sometimes I wonder whether it's me with dementia!
I often think it's me too or am I just crazy!
Had a bad day today, maybe tomorrow will be better.🤞
Wishing you all a good night 😘

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jo Hefferman