Painful lump below left breast

Seaholly

Oct 12, 2020
Mum has been in discomfort for the last couple of weeks on and off. She does get constipated regularly, despite taking care with her diet and this definitely makes her very confused and angry. A couple of weeks ago, she complained of pain around her sternum and on her side, next to her breast. However, she was unable to really pinpoint the pain. We suspected it could be a strain to the ribs, as a week prior to it first coming on, we'd finally got her out for a short car ride, but she had panicked getting back in and DH had to lift her up and place her on the car seat before her legs gave way.

After a few days, she said she was much better, but she has started complaining of pain again this morning and saying it's been painful for days! This morning, I noticed a lump that definitely wasn't there earlier in the week. It is rounded, very pronounced and sore to touch and about the diameter of an orange, but more a very shallow dome. It's immediately below the breast, but not on or in the breast.

Obviously, I will be dialling the NHS line today for the medical diagnosis, but as regards the dementia care side, I am dreading her having to go for any appointments or treatment. She's later stages of Alzheimer's and can hardly walk, needs help with toilet, needs her teeth cleaning, is assisted with washing every day, all meals prepared and on the worst days, she is spoon fed (I normally do finger-food)

We manage to literally keeping all disturbances and confusion as close to zero as we can, but even a short 3-way conversation can send her down into utter frustration and confusion.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i was thinking an abcess. dont go into panic mode and think the worst. when i had something like that, i didnt need an appt and they treated with anti-bios. when i had it on my head, the doctor asked me to send a picture

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch