Pain threshhold in dementia

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Papa Roach Girl, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Papa Roach Girl

Papa Roach Girl Registered User

Dec 19, 2016
    My mum has middling Alzheimers and has recently been experiencing headaches and dizziness. She has particularly bad dizziness when lying down in bed and so it is very hard getting her to bed at night because she is scared and cries. As a result she is not getting much sleep and falls asleep in a chair and is pretty grumpy. She takes Paracetamol for Arthritis Co-Codamol and was taking Dozepril but it didn t agree with her. Is there anything that can be done to reassure her that her dizziness will go. I think she may have an inner ear infection because she seems to be getting more and more deaf.

2. CynthsDaugh

CynthsDaugh Registered User

May 5, 2015
    Salford, Lancashire
    Could you try propping her up on a few pillows so she isn't lying flat? Might help the dizzyness a bit if an ear infection is sending her balance a bit off kilter when she's lying down?

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

3. BR_ANA

BR_ANA Registered User

Jun 27, 2012
    Brazil
    Maybe your mother had some inner ear problem that can cause dizziness. I think it worth a call to her GP

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point