Out of his torment now

Cuillin

Mar 15, 2022
My wonderful, funny, loving husband died peacefully on Thursday afternoon after suffering from vascular dementia. I was sat with him stroking his forehead, which he always loved, when I realised he had gone. His family were in the room at his Care Home and I like to think he knew we were all there. Though I knew he had had enough, I cannot believe this has happened. We were very close.

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
My wonderful, funny, loving husband died peacefully on Thursday afternoon after suffering from vascular dementia. I was sat with him stroking his forehead, which he always loved, when I realised he had gone. His family were in the room at his Care Home and I like to think he knew we were all there. Though I knew he had had enough, I cannot believe this has happened. We were very close.
Please accept my sincere condolences. Thinking of you and your family.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m glad that you and the family were with him when he passed.

Thinking of you at this most difficult of times and sending my condolences.

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
So sorry for your loss and sending sincere condolences. Keeping you all in my thoughts at this sad time. Take care

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
My wife passed away at the end of last October, it'll be my first Christmas with her, our first Christmas together was 1976, nearly half a century of Christmas' together, going to be strange. You have my deepest sympathy.
K

LyndaR

Jan 7, 2023
Having recently gone through the same, my heart goes out to you.
There are no words that will help take away the pain.
Be kind to yourself and let the grief out.
I took some comfort from holding my husbands hand as he died, and I hope it comforts you that you were with him at the end.
Take care, and let any feelings out on this forum.
I find writing them down where other people understand is a great help.