Opg investigation

Joe joe

Apr 23, 2024
Hi, I am hoping that someone may be able to help, myself and 2 sisters are all named on my dad's LPA, recently 1 sister has accused the other 2 of stealing our father's money, the opg have been involved, the sister who is doing the accusing has now said that she needs my dad's will as the opg have asked for it as part of the investigation, I am a bit dubious about this as she has tried twice previously to get hold of the copy of his will by saying the bank needed to see it, which proved to be a lie, then told me the bank where going to store it, which also proved to be a lie, does anybody have any idea if the opg would ask for the will or not, as I thought It was only the bank side of things they would want, thanks in advance, jo.

phill

Aug 8, 2007
Start by asking to see the letter/email in which the OPG asked your sister to produce the Will. If they really did request it, they will have done so in writing, setting out their reasons for wanting it.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
If you have access to the will tell her to ask the OPG to request you directly .

Joe joe

Apr 23, 2024
Start by asking to see the letter/email in which the OPG asked your sister to produce the Will. If they really did request it, they will have done so in writing, setting out their reasons for wanting it.
Thank you for that, she never mentioned a letter/email, just that they said they needed it

Joe joe

Apr 23, 2024
If you have access to the will tell her to ask the OPG to request you directly .
Thank you, myself and my sister haven't heard anything from the opg as yet, we haven't even had the initial letter

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
The will makes no difference at all, doesnt even come into play until the owner dies, its only then that what it says is of any relevance

I doubt the OPG want it.

SAP

Feb 18, 2017
Basically do nothing unless the OPG gets in touch with you directly or you see a letter that is , with out doubt from the OPG (and even then give them a ring to check) What ever she thinks she needs the will for I suspect she is wasting her time as it meant about nothing until the will owner passes away.

Joe joe

Apr 23, 2024
The will makes no difference at all, doesnt even come into play until the owner dies, its only then that what it says is of any relevance

I doubt the OPG want it.
Thank you, this is also what me and my sister were thinking
Basically do nothing unless the OPG gets in touch with you directly or you see a letter that is , with out doubt from the OPG (and even then give them a ring to check) What ever she thinks she needs the will for I suspect she is wasting her time as it meant about nothing until the will owner passes away.
Thank you

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
The Will has no relevance to anything or anyone until the Testator has died and then it is the business of the Executor and no one else.