1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. bel

bel Registered User

Apr 26, 2006
    coventry
    Thanks to grannie g
    i am trying to open up to my children about how depressed i am and that i am not coping with hubby getting so much worse
    it took a lot of doing but i asked my son to phone our daughter to say could we meet i need to talk this was saturday no phone call
    dont get me wrong my kids are great
    i should of asked my daughter myself could we talk but my head is all over te place i am woried she is upset i did not tell her as well
    but she has a very busy life
    God Bless Grannie G i am opening up slowly but it is so hard
    i am like a lot of you loosing the one i love after 37 years frontal lobe apparantly goes fast and i can see this with hubby over the last 6 months love bel x

2. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    Pleased to read that you made the first move, sure your daughter phone soon xx , I know with my children they are each so different in seeing me so down .

3. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Well done Bel, you have made a start.

Don`t give up. If you don`t hear from your daughter, phone both your son and daughter and ask again to meet up with them. You will get there in the end.

You have overcome the biggest hurdle.

With love

4. soulsmilin

soulsmilin Registered User

Feb 13, 2007
    Tyne and wear
    As a daughter who is in a simular position to your children, knowing how you feel means that your only ever a phone call away, and that you can make more of an effort and also try and let you get a breather at times, please tell your children, and also what they can do to help make life more bearable for you, remember to do something nice for yourself every day,

all the very best
    soulsmilin

5. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Well done bel. I'm so glad you've developed the confidence to talk about your feelings to your family, and the courage to post about it.

And well done Sylvia, for the encouragement you're giving bel.

And well done TP, for making it possible.

Bel, keep it up. You know your family love you, you just need to let them know you need help. Ring your daughter and tell her how you feel. I'm sure she'll help.

Love,