One day soon

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
ONE DAY SOON .................

Sometimes, just sometimes, i want to runaway. I want to run and run until i cant run anymore. The place i run too?? The hills, the open spaces, the moors where i feel as if i can breathe again, where all around me is peaceful and still, and yet, so far reaching.

I want to scan the earth and look as far as i can see, climb as high as i can , reach the top of wherever i am and SCREAM !! YES SCREAM !!! i want to Scream " I WANT TO BE FREE!! FREE of this awful weight of dementia, Free to do as i like, roam where i want to, spend a night under the stars watching shooting stars and the galaxy unfold before my very eyes. I want to wait excitedly for the the dawn to appear over the mountains in a Golden haze then turning to blue.

I want to feel the wind on my face, and watch the hawks soar higher and higher across the skies with such abandon doing their acrobatics for all to see

I WANT TO LIVE !!!!!!!

Instead ? i am in bed by 8pm or 9pm, i suffer from sundowning during the afternoon and wear my "Concrete overcoat (Depression ) because of my illness of dementia..............................

But one day soon my friends, ONE DAY SOON ? ........................................

Norrms Mc Namara "Diagnosed with dementia 9 years ago aged 50

Please share

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
You posted something a year or so ago about childhood memories of the moors and an encounter with a stag I think it was. Hold onto those memories as long as you can Norm. All the best mate.

Silver Fox

Jan 29, 2017
I can't imagine what it is like to be diagnosed at such an early age. But try to hold on to your memories of happy times. Keep pictures and photos to remind you. If you have family get them to talk to you about the things you love / once loved.
Sending you a massive hug [emoji847] and kind thoughts xx

harebrained

Oct 22, 2016
Norfolk
Norrms, this has made me cry, My hubby is 3 yrs into LBD & I can see all you are feeling in him. He was so energetic we would walk for miles birdwatching or just enjoying the walks. Playing with the grandchildren, working the garden, fiddling with his woodwork so many things he enjoyed. All gone. He can no longer walk to far, has Parkinsons tremors so has trouble with binoculars or anything using his hands, gets very confused if more than a couple of people in a room. Thing is, I know how you feel because I feel his pain, he is my man.
You are an inspiration Norrms

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Your insight into this disease has caused you so much sorrow Norms. I hope the knowledge that you have helped so many others to understand this illness and all it encompasses can be of just a little reassurance that you are so valued by so many. Best wishes to you and your Elaine. x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leigh_77