on testing ive been told i have fluctuating cognition in attention and a ace score of 63/100 could this be dementia

Jason123246

Aug 10, 2022
hi im currently being tested and been told i have fluctuating attention and alerness and i have a ace111 score of 63/100 i also have slight movement problems like parkinsonian symptoms slow movements unsready gait could this be a dementia

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome @Jason123246

I understand your anxiety and I can see you are in the process of being tested.

No one here can help with a diagnosis because in reality, we are all carers, ex carers and people with dementia. None of us has the knowledge of the precise details of your consultations.

What we do know is everyone is different. There are so many details to be considered, age, general health, underlying health conditions and only a consultant is qualified to diagnose.

However I do hope the lack of specific advice won`t stop you posting here. Everyone here will identify with your uncertainty and will be willing to offer support and encouragement, now and when you do eventually get a diagnosis, whatever it may be.

This link may give you more information.

Jason123246

Aug 10, 2022
yes i understand your right was a silly question to ask i suppose as you say ill have to wait but i am anxious but yes of course ill update as and when i get the diagnosis one way or another thank tou though for the reply

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @Jason123246

It was not a silly question.

You tried to ask for answers but sadly they can`t be given.

I think everyone here has wanted answers at some time or other and it`s really frustrating to have to wait for so long.

My husband went through a year's tests before he was diagnosed and yet my mother was diagnosed almost immediately by a neurosurgeon because it was obvious.

Look after yourself and stay with us. There will be a lot of support here for you.