Omg..

Princess t

Mar 15, 2016
I had a fantastic weekend with mom, no trouble at all. Yesterday she was supposed to go to hospital with my sister just for hearing aid check, sister phoned her in the morning to remind her, mom went into melt down, couldn't possibly go, too much to do, didn't feel like it etc, sister said you have a few hours , so went to get her later, mom wearing the tastiest clothes, having a ready meal...always has packet soup at lunch, sister told her to hurry as off to hospital, mom wouldn't. She just ate slower, so sister took hearing aids and went to hospital. I went to see mom today, she was very quiet, she had had packet soup as usual for lunch, she finally said to me, she was so bored yesterday, stuck in house all alone, I said sister had been to take her to hospital ,but you wouldn't go, mom said yes I was supposed to go but she wouldn't take me!!! Ahhhhhh! She told the carer this morning I was taking her out this afternoon, I never do in week as just don't have the time. When I left she was moaning she is so lonely. But when you ask her to go out the answers no, and when you sit with her, she is so quiet. Mind you she wasn't quiet saterday, she sat with my daughter watching glee, singing Xmas songs!!! It's just very hard knowing what to do to make her happy.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I don't remind my OH of anything anymore, I just tell him to put on his shoes, we're going. I think it makes him less anxious not to have to think about appointments, I just take him out and he'll see where we end up when we're there. Might be an approach to take with your Mum?

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Been trying for 2 years to make my mum happy. If she is in she wants to be out and then vice versa. She is always lonely and I do nothing with her, yet if I go into another room she calls out for me and when I am not in the room and she is talking to my brother on the phone I over hear her telling him the most amazing made up bad things about me and how I look after her or don't. She lives with me and I have changed my life style completely to suit her, she is NEVER alone. Even today, we had friends over for lunch in the garden and she loved it, but for the last hour since they left mum has been pestering me to make the same meal for her little dog, we had smoked salmon quiche and strawberries and cream! The fact that I will not do this is making her very unhappy. So on it goes.

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Me too I just say to MIL here are your shoes we are going out. Gave up giving her notice as it caused so many problems

1954 x

Princess t

Mar 15, 2016
No it doesn't work with mom, tried not telling her in advance, basically nothing works with her!! Only if it suits her.

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
No it doesn't work with mom, tried not telling her in advance, basically nothing works with her!! Only if it suits her.

Try making it worth her while. "Come on we're going out for coffee!"
Just don't tell, that it's hospital coffee.

Bod