Of it accelerates, can it slow down

Chris100

Nov 19, 2021
My wife seemed quite normal a few weeks ago. This week she is not. I think I will put a sign on the toilet. She asked me twice where it was. Today I put in a panty liner for her ; she had been just staring at it. ' Am I going scatty ?'.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Perhaps a daft question, but has your wife been tested for a water infection or any other underlying illness @Chris100. Water infections can cause a lot of problems for people with dementia. My partner had a run of them followed by a serious skin condition. The combination of those and the stronger medication to counter the latter have caused her to deteriorate pretty quickly. Might be worth getting your wife checked by a doctor if you haven't already done so.

Chris100

Nov 19, 2021
Perhaps a daft question, but has your wife been tested for a water infection or any other underlying illness @Chris100. Water infections can cause a lot of problems for people with dementia. My partner had a run of them followed by a serious skin condition. The combination of those and the stronger medication to counter the latter have caused her to deteriorate pretty quickly. Might be worth getting your wife checked by a doctor if you haven't already done so.
Thanks

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micmomgram 5