• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can now be found in our new area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

    You can directly access this area >here<.



New member
Feb 21, 2018
My mum is going crazy. Dad has FTD and Alzheimers. His OCD's are in overdrive with constant hoarding and doing jobs (including painting the neighbours wall - took us hours to scrape it off). We cant leave him alone at all now.

Last night he switched the TV channels over 82 times. Hes on sertraline and memontine I think its called. Hes very fit, eats everything. My poor mum is worn out and has no quality of life herself., Help ?


Registered User
Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Time to get some extra help?
Would he go to day care which might be able to direct his activities and give your mum a rest?

nae sporran

Volunteer Host
Oct 29, 2014
I agree with Canary, @betty2076. A care needs assessment for your dad and a carers assessment for your mum are needed urgently. Social Services can then point your parents towards a day centre or a sitting / befriending service to take some of the strain off your mum. There is a day centre in Bristol which has many activities and takes people with dementia, which would be handy for your dad, so hopefully there should be something similar where your parents are.