Hi. My mom has been having a few problems the last couple of weeks with swallowing, she's either completely refusing food or taking a long time to eat, when she does eat she holds it in her mouth for a while before swallowing. Her care home has referred her to the SALT team. The last couple of days she hasn't really drank anything either, her care home have just phone my dad to have him on standby as she hasn't been to the toilet to urine since 2:30 yesterday afternoon. They have spoken to her doc all day who just kept saying see how she goes, theyve called the out of hours doc at 6:00pm who have said give it 2 more hours and if she doesnt do anything take her to hospital. Is this really dangerous not going to the toilet for so long? She's had little sips of water but nothing much. Thank you.