Not remembering and not meaning?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I would hate her last years to be somewhere she doesnt want to be.
The trouble is that is not always possible. Mum got to the stage where she forgot her home of 30yrs and the place she wanted to live in was her childhood home (which had been bombed in the war) where her parents and siblings (all long dead) were "just waiting for her"
?

She did eventually settle in her care home. Yes she had some bad days, but she also had lots of good days and was well looked after. I have good memories of the time that she lived there. She once said to me "they all love me in here" and she was right - they did.

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
My husband shadowed me, became a big problem, so sad.
@canary and @Rosettastone57 - thank you both. Wise words and things to think about. I know I do bang about things but, honestly, this group is great. I have never been a group sort of person, i like to "go it alone" but you are all so supportive and sensible.

I really want to do what is best for her and she keeps saying she is best at home. But on the other hand, the time has probably come when she doesnt know what is best for her. I would hate her last years to be somewhere she doesnt want to be.
You have to do what is best for you…. And your Mum is no longer able to know what is ‘best for her’. …..