Not looking good

starryuk

Nov 8, 2012
I can't bring myself to tell him its ok to leave us

I feel so sorry for you all. A horrible horrible time.

I couldn't do it for my dad when he was dying either. Non of us could. Eventually our doctor, who was visiting him, told dad he didn't have to wait any longer. He drew his last breath and passed peacefully away less than an hour later. I have such respect for that doctor. We were in pieces. She realised and took charge.

xx

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
If anything my fear is that he will rally and he will be back to having no real quality of life and his confusion and fear will return, I suppose it makes me a bad person, sorry .

Far from it, IMO. I would feel the same. Whatever happens I do hope your dad continues to be peaceful.

blandford516

May 16, 2012
Hi Dizzy,
Yep it is roller coaster for many of us on here, and I feel the same way as you do . The stress sometimes gets too much and very painful to watch our loved ones hang on ,when very often we are baffled as to how the hell are they doing it and why . I have been on this roller coaster for nearly 12 months and feel giddy and totally exhausted. I want my mum to go now ,and by the look in her eyes and some of the things she has said I know she wants to go . I feel it wont be too long I cannot bare it much longer to be honest . It is just too heart breaking and painful to watch x

islandtrees

Jun 17, 2013
Canvey Island, Essex
Feel the same but sad for my mum who's in denial of dementia being cause of symptoms

My Dad's the same, took to his bed Sat last, sleeps continuosly, doubly incontinent, doesn't speak or want the tele on, just wants peace&quiet. He looks miserable, never smiles or laughs&is barely eating or drinking. My friend's mum&dad suffered&from what I describe she says he's in a very late stage because his body's shutting down. Hug your dad&tell him it's ok to leave now (he's hanging on for his girls) because you'll have each other&neither of you want him to stay&suffer any longer. Think you'll find he'll let go&slip away very soon afterwards. Lotsa love x