Not a good day today

gorjen

Jul 6, 2012
Abruzzo Italy
After such a lovely couple of day with my then hubby my now hubby is back not knowing what to do getting upset if he doesn't remember how to make coffee

I miss G. so much it hurts and am crying at this moment thinking about it I just want him back I miss him so much... why him ...

we were up all last night because he couldn't sleep and every time I went to bed he came and asked if I was awake, so I got up, it was easier I couldn't sleep anyway

If he is like this at stage 2 what the hell is he and I going to be like at 3-4-5- and so on

I miss yesterday I miss the cuddles I miss the warm kisses and the tender love making
I MISS HIM

winda

Oct 17, 2011
Nottinghamshire
Oh Gorjen, I can feel your sadness and I understand exactly how you feel.

I'm sorry I don't have any answers.

It is very painful to lose the relationship and companionship you once had with your husband, the person you used to share everything with.

I am trying to accept each change as it comes and try to enjoy as much as I can with my husband even though it is limited.
But I can't help but feel sad about it. I think it is only normal.
I think the hardest part of all is accepting the situation as it is - I know that this is true of me. Like you, I just want my husband back.

Thinking of you and sending you a big hug xx

tilshead

Jul 15, 2012
Swindon
jill

oh Gorjen, Bless you,I know exactly how you feel. It just isn't fair to have our loved one taken away from us in this way. When you do get a special moment with G try and focus on that moment and enjoy it for what it is. Like you we had a really good relationship and it is so very hard when you loose that I would give anything to have a hug or even a smile from him. It is so hard to come to terms with this and sadly there are no real answers. At least here you can share you feelings being good,sad, happy or bad and not feel like anyone is judging you only supporting you. Thinking of you and sending you a big hug x

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Oh Gorgen,

What a hidious disease this is. It takes so much from so many people. Slowly it has turned me from his wife into his mother and then his nurse. Nobody asked if this is what I wanted, nobody gave me a choice. Where are human rights when dementia enters our lives?

Thinking of you and everyone else on the forum going through this. Cyber hugs to everyone,

Jay