1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. Norman

Norman Registered User

Oct 9, 2003
    Birmingham Hades
    Tomorrow will be a new experience for me,one which I wish was not happening.
    I go for 4 nights and 5 days respite,the longest period of separation Peg and I have had in our married lives.
    I go with sadness and mixed feelings,but realise it is for the best.
    I am sure when I return Peg will have been well looked after in her own home and will not have missed me at all.
    Bye for now speak next weekend
    Norman

2. Nutty Nan

Nutty Nan Registered User

Nov 2, 2003
    Buckinghamshire
    Have a good rest, Norman - I hope the sun shines on you, and that your son's family will spoil you rotten!

3. Áine

Áine Registered User

Have a good break Norman. I'm sure it's not easy, but you deserve it. Hope you're able to enjoy it.:)

4. mel

mel Registered User

Apr 30, 2006
    Sheffield
    Enjoy your break Norman and try to enjoy it
    Wendy

5. Michael E

Michael E Registered User

Apr 14, 2005
    Male
    Ronda Spain
    Norman hi,

Hope you can have a wonderful time - freedom - not having to be there... Very glad for you as I suspect things have been really bad for you recently - I have been thinking about you ---- I found my 3 days like a breath a fresh air - really hope it is the same for you...

Michael

6. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    Try to give yourself a break, in all senses.

The first break I took was awful for me because I worried, but Jan appeared not to be hugely put out by it, or adversely affected.

Have a good week.

Best wishes

7. Kriss

Kriss Registered User

May 20, 2004
    Shropshire
    Dearest Norman

hope you find you can let go for some of the time - you deserve this break so much. You have to look after yourself to be able to look after Peg so this is for her as well as you.

Kriss

8. dmc

dmc Registered User

Mar 13, 2006
    hi norman

hope you enjoy your break, im sure you'll come back more refreshed and able to cope, (going by my dads experience)
    enjoy! you deserve it
    take care