The unknown is frightening - any help would be appreciated.

Kazza5

Sep 2, 2023
Hi, I am new to this forum. My husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s last year. Although it is relatively early days I find that the unknown is frightening. Any help would be really appreciated.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Kazza5.

I’m sorry to hear about your husband’s diagnosis. The unknown can certainly be frightening. It’s good you’ve found this forum as you will not feel alone here. You’ll find understanding and support. Please ask questions, share your concerns - and even have a wee rant if you want to!

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello @Kazza5 and firstly welcome to this friendly and supportive forum. There is a wealth of shared experience of dementia here, so I am glad you have found us.

I am sorry to read about your husband's diagnosis. It's tough for sure, to get the diagnosis, even if you were half expecting it.
What's ahead is difficult to predict, which makes it all a bit scary. I totally understand your worries and anxieties. Try and take each day as it comes, and so you can enjoy, as far as possible, the here and now.

In practical terms, if you haven't already, it would be wise to get Lasting Power of Attorney organised for both the Property and finance one, and the health and welfare one, as this will make things easier for you further down the track.
Please do have a good look around the forums and ask any particular questions you may like to. Members here really do want to help.