No top sheet or duvet

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
Hi, was at the home yesterday visiting mother and needed to get something from her room. When there I noticed no top sheet on the bed just two blankets, no duvet either. I asked her what was with it, she said didn't know but night staff were horrid when she asked for another blanket...she wondered if she was being punished for bed wetting.

Today I went to check and still no top sheet just two blankets...well I exploded and complained (BTW no management on weekends and they are in the process of getting a new home manager) to a "staff nurse" who shrugged her shoulders and said she would see night staff. I said no...tell me where the laundry is and I'll do it myself. After a stare off she got one of the carers to go and get a duvet.

I will of course be making a full complaint Monday, but hey has this happened to anyone else?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Id have a friendly chat with the manager about what has happened before you go in with all guns blazing.

Mum regularly stripped her bed and then had no recollection of doing so. Is it possible that something similar is going on here?

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
I'm with canary, don't go in all guns blazing, ask what the situation is and why this is happening first. If you fall out with the manager life can get difficult.
I often find my wife's bed stripped, most mornings it has to be, later in the day the domestic staff come and re-make it, sometime this can be as late as 2 or 3pm.
The ethos of a home very much depends on the attitude of the manager, you'll know if the new one is any good as the "deadwood" all start to leave when you get a change of manager, if the good staff start leaving then it's time to worry.
K

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
Thank you all maybe I should have added that the girl who got mum up this AM said no top sheet and she thought funny. No yesterday was 10.30 visit and yes I know what a stripped bed is like. This was made up and today at 2.30 pm room bed made up no top sheet

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Mum often doesn't have a top sheet or duvet during the day, just a lightweight blanket when it is warm. She does have a duvet on cooler days.

TBH, I don't see it as a problem. I lie on my bed with a lightweight throw during the day (even if I am in PJs), I don't see the difference?