No support for young people

AiyshahR

Jun 22, 2024
Ive cared for my mum for many years, more recently due to severe memory impairment from a second stroke over a year ago. My Mum’s memory is rapidly declining, along with cognitive difficulties and some hallucinations. But due to her age - 57, we are finding it impossible to get any assesments or support. It’s ridiculus and cruel to be honest! It all seems quite hopeless and I'm scared for where this rapid decline is heading…..

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @AiyshahR I am so sorry to hear that you are finding it hard to get any support to help you and your mum, this must be so difficult for you. It might be useful for you to contact the Alzheimer's Society's support line for advice. I have attached a link below.

The admiral nurses help carers like yourself and I have attached a link for them also.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
My wife was diagnosed with early onset AZ more than 10 years ago, early 50's when she started to show signs.
It was put down to the menopause, kids leaving home and whatever but I did get help.
Brought my mum with an MCI to live with me too, and I find it strange that over a lot of years things seem no better. As suggested call the helplines posted about, you're never alone on here. K

Raest

Jan 15, 2022
We didn’t find admiral nurses that supportive but that could just be our area. We found age Uk very good and they support people over 50. It did take a while to get a diagnosis we kept getting fobbed off with depression

Kdickson3012

May 19, 2024
Ive cared for my mum for many years, more recently due to severe memory impairment from a second stroke over a year ago. My Mum’s memory is rapidly declining, along with cognitive difficulties and some hallucinations. But due to her age - 57, we are finding it impossible to get any assesments or support. It’s ridiculus and cruel to be honest! It all seems quite hopeless and I'm scared for where this rapid decline is heading…..
My mum rapidly declined 7 weeks ago and I took her to hospital as she was hallucinating to the point she didn't recognise herself and everything was beyond my control and her safety was paramount, she has been there since - she too is 57. She got diagnosed on Weds this week - I feel you :(

Mrscjdawson

Jun 6, 2023
I have no answers but my situation is similar. Mum diagnosed this year at age 58. It’s so difficult x

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beebz