No new posts

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Over the past couple of weeks I have been getting the 'no new posts' message. even when coming on TP first thing in the morning. There are loads of new posts when I eventually manage to get on and many from the previous day. Why is this, it never used to happen? The only way I can access them is to go on to one of the forums and find them this way. It takes such a time and is extremely frustrating.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
hi Jennifer - perhaps it is something to do with the fact that I don't log off - though it's only been happening recently. I'll try logging off each time i leave. Thanks for responding.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
No, no - I don't log off either: I was just wondering if you did.

Personally I don't think there's much point (in logging off) if no one else is around to access your computer and if you do, you won't necessarily get what you want in terms of new posts.

I'm just at a loss to explain what is happening.

Have you changed anything on your computer?

I'll mention it to the people who deal with the technical aspect of the forum and see if they have any suggestions.

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
When I'm logged-in to TP and leave my computer for 10-15 mins I get automatically timed out and have to log-in again. Does this not happen to you Jennifer? I am using a Mac.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Me too (the mac) and no I don't get timed out. When you log in, do you tick the box that says "remember me"? (At least I think that's what it says) That should keep you logged in.

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Yep, have ticked the box and still have to log in again and type Jancis - I don't have to input my password as this has been remembered. Must be a unique problem to me, don't worry too much.:)

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Something to do with cookies maybe? Your browser (I use firefox mostly but safari works OK as well)?

Really that is so strange. :confused:

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Problem with Inbox and Sending emails....

Sorry, I posted here instead of on a new thread. Have now copied to new thread and deleted this post.
Loo

Last edited:

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Just caught back up with this thread and the problem with 'No new posts" happened again yesterday when came on to TP. The funny thing is that when I go off TP - don't log off - then come back on again, I am taken straight to the new posts with no bother, even though I might only have been gone about 10 minutes!
It's a mystery, but in the scheme of things at present, not a major one! Thank you for your help Jennifer, but don't waste your precious time on it - I just wondered if there was an obvious reason for it happening.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Where is Everybody New?!

I too have just signed on and went to click new posts and there are none!
click todays posts, told to wait 10 seconds, waited 10 seconds, clicked on, told to wait 10 seconds, watched the clock, clicked todays posts, told to wait 10 seconds - 2 minutes later here I am - still cant access New Posts.

hhuuurrmmmpphh - I get bad tempered when I havent eaten properly - who hasnt been feeding the computer bug?!

Thank you techies, you do a wonderful job, just one little niggle......

edited to add: after posting this, tried "new posts" and only my reply to this thread was showing - hope that helps with sorting out glitch

edited again to say: Interesting... Logged out, went away for a couple of hours, logged in - easy - noticed this time posts not read were highlighted/bold which they wern't last time and I get new posts for today only

Last edited:

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
cant find anything

ok.....

logged on through my phone & get new posts and todays posts. want to put a link in post for someone so logged on through my computer....

cant access new posts - only 2 new posts showing and they are since i logged on, nothing before i logged on.....

cant find a particular post in todays post - it is on my phone log-in but not my computer log in - wonder to myself if this is why it seems some posts have been "ignored"

going to logg off and start again

no still the same - the posts are not bold and doesnt look right - will log off again and try much later...

Last edited:

SWMBO1950

Nov 17, 2011
Essex
I never log off. Just keep the page in my favourites and access it that way. I dont get notifications of new posts but when I get the page up just go New Posts and Todays Posts and there they are. :D

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I never log off. Just keep the page in my favourites and access it that way. I dont get notifications of new posts but when I get the page up just go New Posts and Todays Posts and there they are. :D

good idea. I have bookmarked the page but I like to log off so it doesnt look like I am obsessed by being on TP all the time even though I am..... :D