Nights very hard

totallyconfused

Apr 18, 2016
My mother goes to bed around 8pm but usually doesnt settle, shes back and forth alot, usually looking for tea and something to eat. When she does sleep she often goes in to such a deep sleep plus snoring that she shows signs of sleep apnea. Even in deep sleep she still wakes for the toilet and flie out of the bed but when she puts feet on floor shes too tired to stand/stumbles. We have about 20 seconds to get her to commode and sometimes we dont make it.

We dont want to call her for the toilet as we are afraid she wont go back to sleep or often will get suscipious and wonder why we want her to go to bed.

She is in the hospital bed downstairs now a month and ive been sleeping in a chair in her room and now the couch in the adjoing room since then. Its taking a toll.

She still has such speed and wakes suddenly. She could be snoring, you go to the toilet and get back to find her wide awake walking around.

Im looking in to hiring help for two nights but every agency I tried is 250 for the night, a nurse costs 380 for a night.

Crazy money but the nights are too hard.

Cajagi

Sep 11, 2019
My mother goes to bed around 8pm but usually doesnt settle, shes back and forth alot, usually looking for tea and something to eat. When she does sleep she often goes in to such a deep sleep plus snoring that she shows signs of sleep apnea. Even in deep sleep she still wakes for the toilet and flie out of the bed but when she puts feet on floor shes too tired to stand/stumbles. We have about 20 seconds to get her to commode and sometimes we dont make it.

We dont want to call her for the toilet as we are afraid she wont go back to sleep or often will get suscipious and wonder why we want her to go to bed.

She is in the hospital bed downstairs now a month and ive been sleeping in a chair in her room and now the couch in the adjoing room since then. Its taking a toll.

She still has such speed and wakes suddenly. She could be snoring, you go to the toilet and get back to find her wide awake walking around.

Im looking in to hiring help for two nights but every agency I tried is 250 for the night, a nurse costs 380 for a night.

Crazy money but the nights are too hard.
Poor you, don’t know how you are managing to get through this. Lack of sleep is so hard to cope with. We got a career to cover occasional nights but so expensive. Sounds like you might need to look for more help. Social services or careers group should be able to help?

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I would be asking the GP for sleeping pills either regularly or occasionally as you will not be able to go without sleep and look after her too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bcaputo5