Newly diagnosed parent

KayShant

Apr 6, 2024
Hi there my name is Kay,

Thank you all in advance who have the time to read/comment and help me...

Our father has been diagnosed recently with dementia and although we had inklings of his memory reducing over the last few years, since his diagnosis we have seen a rapid decline in memory. We are desperate to ensure he is safe and comfortable with trying to maintain as much of his independence and dignity as possible.

We have read through various threads but may have missed out on seeing if there are any up to date trackers he can wear that also allow a panic button/alert as he is also insulin dependent. He does keep his phone with him but recently has episodes where he's left this at home so ideally something he can wear.

Sorry for asking this question as I believe it is a common area but I could not find anything that fits the two (tracker plus alert/panic) plus having a confirmed diagnosis has made us all feel slightly overwhelmed.

Thank you so much!

Kay

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @KayShant.

I’m sorry to hear about your father. I’ve no personal experience of trackers but am sure others will be along soon with suggestions.

I’m glad you’ve found this forum.

Enzo309

Mar 22, 2024
If you type in Trackers in the search bar at the top of the page there area few threads you can delve into. Some look quite expensive but there are app type ones with a monthly subscription which might suit? I hope you find what you're looking for; take care.