Newby thinking it's ME going mad when dealing with my Dementia mother.

Carlybarley

Mar 29, 2024
Hi, I'm another newby. Was googling the fact that my mother (who I now believe has developed dementia but has yet to be assessed by her GP) changes her mind about what she tells/has told me every few mins or denies that I've explained something to her (numerous times) and behaves as if its the first time she's heard it. It's driving me to distraction but I got so many laughs at reading the posts on this forum and realising that what I'm going through with my mum is what many of you are going through that I decided to register and join the forum. I'm at the beginning of this dementia journey with my mum although I am now beginning to realise the signs have been there for years (eg: theres a solitary mason bee drilling into the cement between the bricks of her back wall and she thought it would make the back wall fall down OR a piece of paper has fallen behind the radiator and if I don't travel over to her late at night to remove it then it will catch fire and she'll be burnt to death in the ensuing fire OR my things are going missing and its the cleaner stealing my things etc, etc....you are all in the same boat I'm sure so will understand this weird thinkin/behaviour. Anyhow....glad to join you all and learn more about dealing with a relative with dementia.