Lin47

Apr 14, 2020
Hi I am sort of new to all this. My mother was diagnosed with vascular Dementia one year ago. It feels very lonely, trying to hold down a full time job and look after her. I am glad that I have found this forum.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m glad you have found this forum too @Lin47. It`s a source of information and support and really helps all of us feel less isolated.

Now you have introduced yourself please start your own Thread in the forum I care for a person with dementia, which you will find here.

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
Hello @Lin47 . Glad that you have found the forum. I felt the same when I realised that my mum had dementia and wish that I had sought more help back then. There is a warm welcome and lots of knowledge for you on here.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hi @Lin47 and welcome from me too. I’m glad you have found the forum and I hope it helps you feel less lonely.

Pete1

Jul 16, 2019
Hi @Lin47, a warm welcome to the forum. It can be an incredibly lonely experience, and difficult for others who haven't walked in your shoes to really understand (how could they really) - that's where the forum can really help, most of us have been in your position. Do you have any help with Mum (family/carers etc)?

Lin47

Apr 14, 2020
Hi @Lin47, a warm welcome to the forum. It can be an incredibly lonely experience, and difficult for others who haven't walked in your shoes to really understand (how could they really) - that's where the forum can really help, most of us have been in your position. Do you have any help with Mum (family/carers etc)?
I have no help. I tried to get a home carer just to pop in while I am at work but there is a shortage in this area so it's just me.