Newbie to your online community

Dawnee

May 25, 2022
Hello online community
My name is Dawn, I am 55 and from Chippenham,Wiltshire and,I care for my husband michael who is 64 and has dementia ... , only diagnosed in October 2021 and it's a struggle....but we're in this together

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Dawnee.

I’m so sorry to read about your husband’s diagnosis. It’s so hard, but as you say - we’re in this together. That‘s what this forum is all about. You’ll get lots of understanding and support here.

glennwell71

Mar 27, 2022
Hi everyone - checking in for the first time as my wife, Helen, was finally diagnosed with young onset Alzheimer's last week, after symptoms that have been concerning us for between 3 and 5 years (esp last 3 years with visuospatial and planning issues). Helen is 51, I am 50 and we have two teenage girls 18, 15. I feel a sense of relief myself after years of not knowing (and Helen and others in denial), and now have begun getting the help/support in place that Helen so obviously needs.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hello @Dawnee and hello @glennwell71
a warm welcome to DTP

however much it's expected. a diagnosis takes your breath away, even if it's also a relief because there's now an explanation for what is happening ... so take the time to breathe

members here are walking the walk and will support and sympathise ... so now you've joined us, do keep posting with anything that's on your mind as nothing is off limits .. sharing experiences helps

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @glennwell71. I’m so sorry to read about your wife. So young.

It’s good to see that you’ve started your own thread here -

I know you’ll get good support and understanding here.

Dawnee

May 25, 2022
Welcome to the forum @Dawnee.

I’m so sorry to read about your husband’s diagnosis. It’s so hard, but as you say - we’re in this together. That‘s what this forum is all about. You’ll get lots of understanding and support here.
Hi Izzy
Thank you for your kind words, this community is amazing and feel like I've discovered a place where people really understand what life is like with a loved one one with Dementia....

Bless you all xxx

Dawnee

May 25, 2022
Hello @Dawnee and hello @glennwell71
a warm welcome to DTP

however much it's expected. a diagnosis takes your breath away, even if it's also a relief because there's now an explanation for what is happening ... so take the time to breathe

members here are walking the walk and will support and sympathise ... so now you've joined us, do keep posting with anything that's on your mind as nothing is off limits .. sharing experiences helps
Hello she drench
Thank you for the welcome
I can identify with so many of the posts I'm reading and for the first time since Michael's diagnosis I don't feel alone

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzieMK27