Newbie and confused

Dick D

Nov 26, 2023
Hi all, thanks for adding me to the group. I confess I get confused over all the facets of Dementia, care, finance and the legal system 🤪 I am glad already to find this group and look forwards to being counselled through the mine fields.
My Mum, who is 89 is in a care home, very good and very, very expensive. So much stress and worry, but I am getting there at last. Good to feel welcome somewhere 😁

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @Dick D and welcome to the Dementia Support Forum. It is so good that you are happy with the care that your mum is receiving in her care home. Many of us will understand when you talk about the stress and worry of looking after our loved ones but you will find lots of help and advice here on the forum.
When you are ready you might find it useful to start a thread of your own in the - I care for a person with dementia - area. I have attached a link below. Then you can ask any questions that you might have or just talk about how you are feeling.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello @Dick D and welcome from me also to this friendly and supportive forum. There is a wealth of shared experience of dementia here from members that really want to help.
I am sorry to read of your Mum's dementia, but you sound comforted by the fact that she is in a good care home, and being well cared for. That is, at least, good news. It is so hard to watch a loved one decline so with dementia. I had the same with my Mum over eight years, a large part of which she was in a residential home that provided very good care. I do feel for you.
I am sure that you will find it helpful to find out what others are saying, join in conversations, ask any particular questions you may like to, or just when you need, to let off a bit of steam. You will always find understanding on this forum. Take care

Dick D

Nov 26, 2023
Hello @Dick D and welcome from me also to this friendly and supportive forum. There is a wealth of shared experience of dementia here from members that really want to help.
I am sorry to read of your Mum's dementia, but you sound comforted by the fact that she is in a good care home, and being well cared for. That is, at least, good news. It is so hard to watch a loved one decline so with dementia. I had the same with my Mum over eight years, a large part of which she was in a residential home that provided very good care. I do feel for you.
I am sure that you will find it helpful to find out what others are saying, join in conversations, ask any particular questions you may like to, or just when you need, to let off a bit of steam. You will always find understanding on this forum. Take care
Thank you Gosling, very kind. A sorry to SeaSwallow, also very kind. I tried to comment on your reply but it wont let. Aparently I have to have made 10 comments or something. Yet I can post reply on Goslings reply. Mysterious , the internet Take care

Last edited:

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @Dick D You could not reply to me because I had included a link in my post. I hope that our replies have helped you and that you will keep posting when you need help or even just a chat.