New to the site

Allardj

Nov 21, 2021
Good evening I have just got back from my mother in law my father in law has Lewi dementia and Parkinson ! Over the last year my mother law has really started to struggle with his care but has now only excepted this! She is now started the process of getting some help! But tonight she called in tears and he didn’t know where he was and was asking for her as if she was not his wife he got extremely agitated and pushed her out the way! I feel so helpless no one is offering her support on how to deal with these increasing behaviour issues? Please does anyone have advise I fear she is at breaking point?! ?

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hullo and welcome @Allardj. Sorry to read of your in laws troubles with lewi body and Parkinson's. It's not something I know a lot about, but someone should be around who can advise. For what it is worth, the dementia connect helpline is a great place to ask for more professional advice and support with the care process. It is free and will be open in the morning. https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/dementiaconnect will give you phone numbers and opening times. There is usually about a 5 to 10 minute waiting time, but worth holding on.